Grandma Davidson’s Butterscotch Thins

Ingredients:
When I was going to school at BYU I used to go up to Grandma’s and spend the weekends sometimes. She would teach me how to crochet or share recipes. This recipe is one of the ones I got from her at that time. I always triple the batch because it doesn’t make very many cookies.
½ c shortening
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/3 c flour + 2 level T
¾ t soda
½ t salt
¾ t vanilla
1/3 c chopped pecans

Directions:
Mix thoroughly. Roll to fat rolls about a foot long and
1 ½ “ in diameter. Roll up in wax paper and chill for 4 hours or overnight. If chilling overnight I slide them into a bread sack so the ends don’t dry out. Slice with sharp knife to about ¼ “ thickness. Bake on greased sheet for 8-10 minutes at 350º.
If storing these for very long the freezer is best-as with any recipe containing nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment